- 15 Competitors;
- Three Rounds;
- Testing your tasting abilities for coffee and other beverages.
Round One – 5 at a time!
- The competitors will go in three separate (randomly assigned) groups of five;
- The contestant must label the correct cup with the cards given to them, this will include coffee, vegan milks (including nut based, soy based and oat milks – please inform us if you have an allergy to any of these products), as well as the five basic tastes;
- Contestants will be scored based on correct labels and speed will be used in the event of a tie-breaker;
- The top two scores from each group will advance to round two.
Round Two – Head To Head
- Contestants will be put in a random versus battle where two contestants will go at the same time;
- The contestant must label the beverages in front of them;
- The contestant with the most correct answers will advance to the final round.
Round Three – Coffee guru?
- The top three contestants will advance to the final round where they will all compete at the same time;
- The contestants must label the correct cup;
- This round will test knowledge of coffee, from varietals, processings, altitude and origins;
- This round will be done with cupping bowls;
- The placing for third, second and first will be done based on scores in this round.
- Cupping must be done using COVID protocol – you must not touch the same spoon from the beverage that touches your mouth. – This will result in disqualification;
- Competitors may talk whilst tasting;
- You may use the cupping spoons provided or your own should you wish to;
- All decisions on scoring are final;
- In the event of disqualification – refunds will not be given.
- In case of no-show refunds will not be given.